- Number of Students: 220; 4K - 5
- Number of Classrooms: 14 homerooms
- Number of Staff: 58 teachers, specialists, and support staff
Continuous Improvement Goals
- Increase student achievement
- Optimal Learning Environments
- Innovative Practices
Whittier is organized into Professional Learning Communities (PLC’s) based on the grade levels taught. Teams meet regularly to plan intentional instruction and respond to student learning.
Teachers use MAP (Measures of Academic Progress®) data to help guide their instruction. All staff development at Whittier is related to our school goals.
Whittier has been a PBIS School since 2010. Our students follow the WHITTIER WAY:
- Be Safe
- Be Respectful
- Be Responsible
- Be a Learner
The WHITTIER PROMISE:
- I believe in me!
- I am here to learn!
- I will choose to listen and follow directions.
- I will think first and then do the right thing.
- I will make choices that respect me and my school.
- I can make a difference by being a positive role model and learning to my highest potential.
- I believe that learning will help me be the best I can be.
- I control my future!
Whittier strives to be a Trauma Sensitive School which is a safe and respectful environment that enables students to build caring relationships with adults and peers, self-regulate their emotions and behaviors, and succeed academically while supporting their physical health and well-being.
Whittier is a Community School. We have several long-standing partnerships with several community organization.
Big Brothers Big Sisters - We have over 20 Bigs supporting our Littles every week.
Southminster Church - Reader's Cafe Volunteer readers every week.
UW-Extension - Regular nutrition lessons.
Salvation Army - Snack Packs filled with food go home with families every week.
St. Lukes Church - Helps fill those back packs and delivers to the students each week.
YMCA - Before and after school care supporting all families needs.
Family Services of Waukesha - Uses an office at our school to provide weekly therapy.