Open Enrollment (Non-Waukesha Residents)
Wisconsin’s inter-district public school open enrollment program allows parents to apply for their children to attend school districts other than the one in which they live. The open enrollment application period for the 2020-2021 school year is from February 3, 2020 - April 30, 2020. The application period closes at 4:00 p.m. on April 30, 2020. Late applications will not be accepted for any reason.
Parents may apply in one of two ways:
- On-line (recommended) at https://apps4.dpi.wi.gov/Opal2012/
- Although an on-line application is recommended, paper applications may be obtained from the Department of Public Instruction or any school district. Paper applications must be delivered to the nonresident school district. School District of Waukesha applications should be sent to: Open Enrollment Office - Stephanie Peterson, 222 Maple Ave., Waukesha, WI 53186
Who needs to complete the Open Enrollment process:
- Students currently attending a Waukesha school via Tuition Waiver for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Students who have changed residency to a non-Waukesha address between September 1st and February 2nd.
- Students planning to move to an address that is outside of the School District of Waukesha between February 3rd and September 1, 2020; and wish to stay in the School District of Waukesha. Note: families that move unexpectedly after April 30th are able to complete a Tuition Waiver form for the following year.
If you have any additional questions regarding Open Enrollment, Tuition Waiver, or School Choice, please contact Stephanie Peterson, Enrollment Coordinator, at 262.970.1105 or via email at email@example.com.