Before & After School Program Expectations
We help children grow physically, emotionally, socially and intellectually by playing, exploring, and learning with others in a fun, safe, healthy environment. We seek to provide excellent service through collaborations, cooperation and communication and seek to give parents peace of mind knowing their children are in a high-quality program.
Before School - Opens @ 7:00 am (6:45 am at STEM: Randall Campus)
After School - Closes @ 6:00 pm
School Day Off Recreation & Enrichment Program
Specialty programs are held on most non-school days. These programs will run from 7:00 am until 6:00 pm at Hawthorne Elementary School.
- The Day-Off programs are offered at an extra fee of $30 per child/per day.
- 24-hour advanced registration is required for each Day Off Program; Day Off Programs are NOT included in the monthly fee.
- When the day falls on a Monday, you must be registered by the previous Friday at noon. These programs have limited space and fill quickly, therefore, we encourage advance registration. If your child does not attend our before and afterschool program a child info form is required prior to the program.
- Note for 4K Students: 4K students must be enrolled in our Cool School to attend this program. 4K students should bring a sleeping bag and pillow on the Day Off program days. A one-hour quiet time is provided for students from 11:45 am -12:45 pm. Students are not required to take a nap during this time. Other activities during this time will include a group read aloud, a silent passive game and listening to relaxing music.
- All participants must bring a non-perishable bag lunch and a water bottle. Two light snacks will be provided.
Days, Location, Themes, and Lunch Menus for the 2021-22 School Year can be found HERE.
Financial Assistance Program
Financial Assistance is available to City residents eligible for the program. Eligibility requirements, policy and application are available on the City website at;
www.waukesha-wi.gov/1013/Forms. Those requesting financial assistance must verify eligibility by providing documentation. Please contact the department for more information or with any questions (262) 524-3737.