Mrs. Edie Hoeft
WAHP Courses Taught:
- Health Academy 4/ Healthcare Skills - Year
- Health Academy coop/internships - Year
- Health Academy Youth Apprenticeship (YAP) - Year
- Health Academy Youth Options (YO) - Year
About Mrs. Hoeft
I have been in the School District of Waukesha for 22 years. Classes I have taught are Health Academy 4, Medical Terminology, Health Occupations Coop Program Coordinator, and Health Occupations Youth Apprenticeship Program Coordinator. I have been with the Health Academy since beginning and conception of the school.
- Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene-Marquette University 1984
- Registered Dental Hygienist License-current
- Teaching License (grades 9-12) Alverno College 2000
- 911 Health Occupations License-current
- Master's Of Adult Education-Carroll University 2004
- CPR Instructor-American Heart Association-current
I am a registered dental hygienist and hold a current license in the state of Wi. I practiced dental hygiene for 10 years before I secured my teaching position in Waukesha. I was also a clinical dental hygiene instructor at WCTC, while practicing as a full time dental hygienist in a private practice. I participate in continuing education opportunities to retain current status of my dental hygiene license.
The following are professional organizations I participate in:
- Health Academy Finance Committee(2016)
- Health Academy Marketing Committee and Team Member
- FACS Budget Committee
- Youth Apprenticeship Steering Committee
- Administrative Council-South High School
- Waukesha Citizen Police Academy Alumni Association-Scholarship Comm.
- Waukesha County Community Dental Clinic- finance committee
- American Heart Association Member
- American Heart CPR Instructor
- ADHA (American Dental Hygiene Association) Member
- HOPE (Health Occupations Professional Educators) Member
The best part of being involved in the Health Academy has been the passion and growth I witnessed with our students and faculty on a daily basis. Working collaboratively with the healthcare community has provided students with endless opportunities to explore and excel in their chosen healthcare pathway. The Health Academy encompasses a variety of classes that engage different learning/teaching styles. The Health Academy standards and expectations revolve around relevance, rigor and relationships for all students. It has been a honor and a privilege to be part of this team of caring educators and healthcare professionals.