The goal of the District’s Disability Insurance Plans is to provide you with income replacement should you become disabled and unable to work due to a non-work-related illness or injury. The District provides eligible employees with long-term disability income benefits at no cost to you. Short-term disability is voluntary and enrollment is your choice.
Voluntary Short-Term Disability (STD):
- Covers 66.67% of your weekly predisability earnings to a maximum of $750/week.
- Benefits begin on the first day for injury and the fourth day of illness and continue to the earlier of recovery or 9 weeks.
Employer Paid Long-Term Disability (LTD):
- Covers 66.67% of your weekly pre-disability earnings, up to a $5,926 monthly maximum benefit.
- Benefits begin after sixty(60) days of disability or illness and continue to the earlier of recovery or policy age chart.
- Short-term Disability Certificate of Coverage (All eligible employees)
- Long-term Disability Certificate of Coverage (All eligible employees except Admin/MM/Educational Assistants)
- Long-term DisabilityCertificate of Coverage (All eligible Admin/MM)