Employee Assistance Programs
Sometimes life can be challenging. That’s why the District provides an Employee Assistance (EAP) and WorkLife Program to all employees and their family members -- at no cost to you. The EAP is designed to provide prompt, confidential help with a range of personal and family issues that may affect all of us from time to time.
- 24/7/365 access to Employee Assistance Specialists - 866-248-4096
- Unlimited telephonic solution-focused consultation, support, and educational resources
- EAP Virtual visits offer more service delivery options and convenience while delivering the quality of care and standards as face-to-face services
- Personalized referrals to in-network clinicians with EAP specialization for 3 face-to-face visits
- Per member, per problem, per year
- Referrals to community resources
- Seamless coordination with behavioral health services
The EAP provides direct access to experts for the following services (examples include but are not limited to):
- Adult/Eldercare (financial/retirement planning, housing assistance, aids to daily living)
- Child/Parenting (childcare, special needs support, help for teens, adoption support)
- Chronic Condition Support (child development experts, childbirth.Nursing professionals)
- Life Learning (school issues, special education resources, food/nutrition assistance)
- General Convenience Services (recreational activities, dining, household needs)
Additional information can be found by logging on to www.liveandworkwell.com (access code = sdwaukesha).
What's in the App
- Explore topics such as anxiety, caregiving, parenting, relationships, and depression.
- Get authorized for a limited number of free provider visits. This benefit is 100% confidential.
- Find the specialized providers to get the help you need.
Download the myLiveand workwell from the App Store or Google Play.