Dear Parents and Families,
The Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) requires districts and schools to engage parents and family members of children served in Title I programs.The U.S. Department of Education provides Title I funding to districts and schools with high numbers or high percentages of children from low-income families to help ensure that all children meet challenging state academic standards. Engaging with parents, families and communities is one, important way schools can narrow gaps of opportunity or achievement and help all children learn and succeed.This agreement serves as a reminder for all of us to continue to work together to encourage student learning. Please look over this agreement with your child.
If you should have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you for your continued support as we strive to ensure success for all students!
Title One Home-School Compact/Agreement
It is important that I do my best every day. Therefore, I will:
- Attend school every day and be on time.
- Be respectful of myself, others, my school and learning.
- Know and Follow all school and class expectations.
- Complete my school and homework assignments on time.
- Read just-right books every night and show what I’m learning in math.
- Other: _______________
Student Signature: ______________________________________________________
It is important that my child be at his/her best every day. I will work with my child to impact his/her learning by doing the following:
- Have my child attend school every day and be on time.
- Model being respectful of myself, others, school and learning.
- Provide a place and an appropriate time for my child to study and check to see that his/her school work is done each night.
- Make sure that my child reads at home every night and ask my child to show me what he/she learned in math.
- Attend conferences and communicate with school staff to support my child’s learning.
- Other: _______________
Parent Signature: ______________________________________________________
It is important that students can do their best every day. I will make sure this is possible by doing the following:
- Maintain high expectations for students, myself and other staff members.
- Respect and encourage students and their ideas.
- Provide motivating and engaging learning experiences.
- Encourage students to read and show their math learning at home every night.
- Provide for two-way communication with parent/caring adult about student progress and how the family can help with learning at home.
- Other: ________________
Teacher Signature: ______________________________________________________