Golden Door Scholars
Applicants must have DACA, TPS or certify that you meet the following immigration eligibility criteria:
- Came to the United States before the age of 16
- Have continuously resided in the United States since November 1, 2014 up to the present time and have had no lawful status
- Are currently in high school or have graduated from a United States high school or obtained a general education development (GED) certificate from a United States Program; and
- Have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, or three or more other misdemeanors in the categories which would have disqualified you for DACA and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety
Please visit the Application link for more information.
Application: Click Here
Application Deadline: 2020-2021 Date to be determined
The Gates Scholarship
The Gates Scholarship (TGS) is a highly selective, last-dollar scholarship for outstanding, minority, high school seniors from low-income households. Each year, the scholarship is awarded to 300 of these student leaders, with the intent of helping them realize their maximum potential.
- High school senior
- From at least one of the following ethnicities: African-American, American Indian/Alaska Native*, Asian & Pacific Islander American, and/or Hispanic American
- Pell- eligible
- U.S. citizen, national or permanent resident
- In good academic standing with a minimum cumulative weighted GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
Additionally, a student must plan to enroll full-time, in a four-year degree program, at a US accredited, not-for-profit, private or public college or university.
An ideal candidate will have:
- An outstanding academic record in high school (in the top 10% of his/her graduating class)
- Demonstrated leadership ability (e.g., as shown through participation in community service, extracurricular, or other activities)
- Exceptional personal success skills (e.g., emotional maturity, motivation, perseverance, etc.)
Application: CLICK HERE
Application Deadline: September 15, 2020