Dual Language Application Process
The Dual Language Program Application opens on December 1st of each year for enrollment in the fall of the next year. Applications are accepted for 4K, 5K, and 1st grade only for English Proficient students.
Applications are prioritized by:
- date of application,
- siblings of current Dual Language students,
- attendance area students,
- district wide students
- open enrolled students from other districts.
Notice of acceptance occurs between March and May.
- Students transferring from other Immersion programs after 1st grade will be considered for enrollment based upon achievement within two years of the grade level in Spanish literacy and space available.
- New immigrants and Spanish speaking English Learners do not apply for Dual Language, rather families choose placement in the Dual Language Program Regional Service Area School as a service choice.
- Once accepted, students do not reapply at any time 4K-12.
- If a family chooses to discontinue participation in the Dual Language Program, they are asked to communicate their request directly to the Multilingual Department.