Global Scholars and Wisconsin State Seal of Biliteracy
Two awards, earned in 12th grade, shared with universities and employers attesting to the student's global competency and/in addition to their Advanced Bilingualism and Biliteracy. Students create a portfolio of evidence that they have met the criteria for the award/s.
Seal of Biliteracy Award
The Seal of Biliteracy is a Scholarship Award. Biliteracy is demonstrated by:
- English Proficiency (ACT 18 ELA/Reading or above) (If EL, ACCESS level 4 or above)
- Partner Language Proficiency* (AP level 4, or AAPPL level Intermediate/High (I5) on all indicators)
- One Essay in English
- One Essay in the Partner Language
- Distinguished Seal of Biliteracy requires a score of 5 on the AP test, or Advanced/Superior on AAPPL in 3 of 4 indicators (none under IH)
Global Scholars Award
The Global Scholars Award is a Participation Award demonstrated by:
- 4 Credits or equivalent of a World Language
- 4 Credits of approved courses
- 8 Independent reviews or reflections (4 media, 4 text with global lens)
- 20 Hour Service Learning Project in the Waukesha multilingual or international community.
- eachieve offers a semester course in Service Learning for .5 credit, if desired.