Work Permit
  • BUTLER can now issue work permits

    Important:  A replacement Social Security Card takes TWO weeks to get. If you do not have the actual card, you CANNOT get your work permit, so please take the time to find or order your card before you start your search! State law requires you to show your Social Security card EVERY time you get a work permit. NO exceptions will be made.

    Before you begin your search, please make sure you have the following items. You will NOT be issued a work permit unless you have all the items below:

    • Letter from the employer (on letterhead) stating what kind of work will be performed, and the employer's complete mailing address and phone number.
    • Parent/guardian signature on the employment letter, or written parent/guardian consent on a separate sheet of paper.
    • Certified/original birth certificate OR current driver's license (learner’s permit is acceptable), OR a Wisconsin I.D. OR a valid passport.
    • Original/Replacement Social Security card (not a copy/not just the number).
    • $10 (cash or check made payable to Butler Middle School)
    • Please make sure this form is completed

    Work permits will be issued in the Student Services Office at Butler MS.  

    Please contact Beth North 262-970-2903 for questions