Participants will be expected to:
- Achieve a 98% or higher attendance rate at school and on the job. This includes attending the full school day (7:35 am – 3:05 pm) unless otherwise directed or approved.
- Participate in our mentoring program
- Commit to tutoring programs when necessary to maintain the Academy’s academic standard
- Create and continuously update a learner profile and portfolio which demonstrates proficiency on the math, science, and Project Lead The Way (PLTW) standards
- Commit to internships with community partners
- Demonstration of successful academic performance by maintain a minimum 2.5 grade point average, and have no D’s or F’s.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner with no behavior problems. A positive behavioral record that does not include repeated non-refusal referrals, referrals that have resulted in in- or out-of-school suspension or police citation.
- Complete formative and summative work.
- WAHP students are required to have 25 hours of volunteer work in a health related area.
- WAHP students are required to give 1 year of service to HOSA (Health Occupations Students of America).
- WEPA requires all students to earn proficient or better on all summative work.
- WEPA requires that students modify and update summative projects that are not proficient or better.
Parents of participants will be expected to:
- Attend orientation and mandatory parent meetings
- Conference with Academy staff about their student’s progress and post high school plans