Our district has a centralized enrollment process and all students that are new or who are reentering the district after being enrolled elsewhere will now enroll at our Enrollment Office. Enrollment is a “one time only” process and should not be confused with annual registration that takes place every August for students who completed the previous school year at a School District of Waukesha school.
Due to COVID-19, the Enrollment Office is currently closed, however, we are still accepting new student enrollments for the current (2019-2020) and upcoming (2020-2021) school years. If you need to complete the enrollment process, please complete the following steps.
Please Note: Your student will NOT be enrolled until STEP 1, 2 and 3 are completed.
STEP 1: Parents/Legal Guardians will need to complete the online enrollment form.
- New Families to the School District of Waukesha, please use this link by clicking here.
- Existing Families that need to enroll a new student not currently attending the School District of Waukesha, please logon to the Infinite Campus Parent Portal. Please select "More" and then "Annual Registration" and then"Click here to go to New Student Registration"
STEP 2: Please complete one of the following:
- Take a picture or scan the required documents (listed below) and email them to the Enrollment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please Do Not scan or email your child's birth certificate. You will be required to bring the original birth certificate to the Enrollment Office as soon as we reopen for verification.
- You may bring all of the required documents to the Lindholm Building and place them in the dropbox located by Door 6. We will then mail the documents back to you or you can pick them up when the office reopens. If you use the dropbox, please call the office at 262-970-1105 or 262-970-1248 or email us at email@example.com to let us know your documents are in the dropbox.
STEP 3: As soon as STEP 1 & 2 are completed, someone from the Enrollment Office will reach out to you to go over the enrollment.
Required Documents for Enrollment
- Child’s Original (certified) Birth Certificate
- Parent Picture ID
- Immunization Records or a signed waiver
- Proof of Residency (see below)
- Previous School Info (Name, Address, Telephone Number)
- Guardianship/Custody Documentation (as needed)
How can I provide proof of residency?
At least two of the items below can be used as verification of address. All documents must be current, valid and in the name of the parent/guardian enrolling the student. Please note: Only one document from each group may be submitted:
- Mortgage or property deed
- Apartment or home lease
- Filed homestead exemption
- Utility bill within the past 30 days
- Utility deposit receipt for new service
- Automobile registration or automobile insurance
- Driver's license
- Voter registration card
- 401K, Pay Stub or Bank Statement
- Department of Health and Human Services document for benefits
- IRS Documents from the most recent tax year
- Sworn affidavit of residency and/or personal visit by a designated school district official
- Certified copy of a filed petition for guardianship if pending, and final decree when granted
For more information about school enrollment, please contact the Enrollment Office at 262-970-1105 or 262-970-1248 or at Enrollment@waukesha.k12.wi.us.