The Herb Kohl Foundation announced the 2021 Excellence Scholarship, Initiative Scholarship, Fellowship, and Leadership Award Recipients on Wednesday, February 24, 2021. The District had a record year with a combined total of nine staff and student award recipients out of the 317 issued for Wisconsin students, teachers, and principals.
Awards in the amount of $6,000 are being made to 101 teachers, 16 principals, and their schools, and $10,000 scholarships will be given to 200 graduating high school students.
Student Initiative Scholarship
- Jared Landquist - Waukesha Engineering Preparatory Academy
- Karisa Viverette - Waukesha South High School
Student Excellence Scholarship
- Maggie Flanagan - Waukesha North High School
- John Ricciardi, Social Studies Teacher - Waukesha North High School
- Shelby Vogg, Math Teacher - Waukesha North High School
- Rich Mertes, Social Studies Teacher - Waukesha South High School
- Amy Menzel, English Teacher - Waukesha West High School
- Amanda DeSua, Elementary School Counselor - Summit View Elementary School
- Mary Garcia-Velez, Principal - Banting Elementary School
To be considered for the Kohl Fellowship, the educator must be nominated by students, parents, colleagues, community members, or administrators. If you know of a teacher or principal that deserves special recognition, please visit the Kohl Foundation website to complete the nomination for the 2022 Teacher Fellowship. Forms are due no later than October 12, 2021, at 5:00 p.m. central time.
Additional information can be found on the Herb Kohl Foundation website. https://www.kohleducation.org/teacherfellowship/