Coaches Wall of Fame Information: Waukesha South is pleased to announce the establishment of a Coaches Athletic Wall of Fame in 2012. The purpose of the Waukesha South Coaches Wall of Fame is to recognize and honor the memory of these coaches who excelled in their respective sports who helped to bring honor, recognition, distinction, and excellence to Waukesha South by their conduct on and off the field or court. This recognition will help maintain the spirit, pride, and sense of community as well as serving as a historical account of the great coaching traditions of Waukesha South High School.
Eligibility for Membership: Membership is open to coaches, who must have participated with distinction and/or made significant contributions to athletes at Waukesha South High School, as evidenced, for example, by the success of their teams and acknowledgment of their former student/athletes. Coaches shall be eligible for membership beginning five years after they have left Waukesha South High School or in special circumstances as determined by the Coaches Wall of Fame Committee.
Nomination Process: A candidate may be nominated for the Coaches Wall of Fame membership by any member of the community. A formal nomination shall be made using the official nomination packet. Nomination packets are available by contracting the athletic department or on the Waukesha South web page. Information relating to a nominee’s record and achievements must be supported by accompanying documentation or sources cited so that the information may be verified independently. All nomination packets must be received by the athletic department by August 1st of the current year, in order to be considered for induction into the next year’s class.
Once presented as an eligible nominee, a candidate who is elected shall automatically be reconsidered annually.
Coaches Wall of Fame Policies:
- 1. There will be a maximum limit of two inductees per year.
- 2. Inductees shall not have been convicted of a felony. If the discovery of such felony should occur after induction, or while in the Wall of Fame, that person shall be removed from the Coaches Wall of Fame.
- 3. Two uniform plaques shall be awarded to honor each individual inductee. One plaque shall be presented to the inductee; the other plaque shall be placed on the display at Waukesha South High School.
- 4. Head and Assistant Coaches can be nominated.
- ·Distribute Nominations Forms Year Round
- ·Deadline for Nominations Forms for Induction July 1st
- ·Committee meets to look at Nominations Month of August
- ·Inform New Inductees Month of September
- ·Inform Public of New Inductees Month of October
- ·Order Plaques Month of October
- ·Award Presentation (Basketball Game) Month of January or February