Wisconsin Antique Dealers Association
The Wisconsin Antiques Dealers Association is pleased to sponsor our 11th Annual Scholarship competition for high school seniors. All Waukesha County, Wisconsin public & private high school seniors graduating in 2020 are invited to participate.
Scholarships of $500 each will be awarded to a minimum of two top-qualifying entries based on the quality of an essay written on one of the following topics:
- HISTORY & PRESERVATION OF OUR MATERIAL CULTURE: “Why is it important to understand and preserve your family’s heirlooms?” Include the history of your family heirloom(s) & attach a photo of the object(s) discussed. If additional help is needed, student can interview select dealers at the Oct. 5-6, 2018 antiques show at Waukesha Expo to obtain more information about the object(s). (See http://www.wisconsinantiquesdealers.com for show information.)
- FOR HISTORICAL SITE VOLUNTEERS: “Explain the important role of volunteers at historic sites or museums and their positive impact in preserving our local heritage.” (Documentation of volunteer hours at historic sites or museums must accompany this essay.)
- 2019-2020 Competition is open to all Waukesha County, Wisconsin public & private high school seniors.
- Student must have plans to apply for admission to a university, community college or technical school located in Wisconsin.
- Entries may be computer generated or hand written in English, on one side of 8-1/2” x 11” paper, 500 words or less. Student may use as many pages as necessary.
- Student must compose the essay without assistance from others, but may use reference materials.
- If reference materials are used, a bibliography should be included.
- Essay title, student’s name, mailing address, email address, telephone number and school should appear on page 1.
- Sentence construction, punctuation usage, spelling, organization and neatness will be part of the judging process.
- All entries must be authenticated by the student’s Guidance Office or by the Director of the museum or historical society for which they volunteer. Authentication would include a note on official school, museum or historical society letterhead or a seal embossed with the name of the school, museum or historical society.
- All entries must be postmarked no later than November 30, 2019 and should be mailed to:
Wisconsin Antiques Dealers Association
c/o Debbie McArdle, Secretary
6705 Connecticut Trail
Crystal Lake, IL 60012-3125
Application Information: CLICK HERE
Application Deadline: Must be postmarked no later than November 30, 2019.