Mel Tess Scholarship
The Mel Tess Scholarship is presented by the League of Milwaukee Artists, and will be awarded to one High School student that will be a Senior in the 2019-2020 School year. The applicant must be headed for the arts in their higher educational endeavors. We are looking for applicants that reside and plan on attending a college or art-based school for further education, Ideally in the Southeastern Wisconsin Area. The Scholarship will be awarded to the student after, and only upon proof of transcript of college, university or school they are attending in the Fall of 2019.
- Applicant must be a high school student in his or her senior year for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Applicant must be currently attending a High School in the Southeastern Wisconsin area.
- Applicant must graduate high school.
- Applicant must plan on attending an arts-based school for continuing education after high school.
- Applicant must practice one of the visual fine arts (Ceramics, painting, drawing, Sculpture, printmaking, Photography, etc.)
- Applicant must be able to attend the award ceremony at the LMA meeting site on May 9th, 2020.
- Applicant must fill out the Mel Tess Scholarship application, submit 3 original works of art, submit 2 letters of recommendation and a short essay (see prospectus).
- Winning applicant must provide the LMA with any change of address, future address or phone numbers needed for contact.
- Upon winning the Scholarship, applicant must show first semester transcripts, from the school of higher education that they attend, before award will be granted.
Application Link: Click Here
Application Deadline: January 31, 2020