The APIA Scholarship online application will open on September 4, 2019 and close on January 22, 2020 at 5:00 PM EST. Scholarship awards range from one-time $2,500 awards to multi-year $20,000 awards. APIA Scholars provides scholarships to underserved APIA students with a special focus on those who:
- Live at or below the poverty level, or are otherwise of low socioeconomic status;
- Are the first in their families to attend college;
- Are representative of the APIA community's diversity, (geographically and ethnically), especially those ethnicities that have been underrepresented on college campuses due to limited access and opportunity; and
- Have placed strong emphasis on community service and leadership as well as solid academic achievement.
- Be of Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity as defined by the U.S. Census
- Be a citizen, national, or legal permanent resident of the United States. Citizens of the Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia and the Republic of Palau are also eligible to apply
- Be enrolling as an undergraduate student in a U.S. accredited college or university in the Fall of 2020.
- Must apply for federal financial aid for the 2020-2021 academic year using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by early April 2020
- Submit one letter of recommendation online.
Award Amount: Scholarship awards range from one-time $2,500 awards to multi-year $20,000 awards.
Application: CLICK HERE
Application Deadline: January 22, 2020