Stowell Family Scholarship Fund
(1) It is our desire that distributions be used for individual scholarships benefiting seniors graduating from the following schools: Waukesha West, Waukesha North, Waukesha South, Brookfield East and Brookfield Central High Schools who will be attending a public or private post-secondary institution leading towards a baccalaureate degree.
(2) It is our wish that each year representatives from the above noted high schools will select students to receive this scholarship, based on the following criteria:
- Graduating senior who demonstrates the greatest economic need.
Recipients are not required to hold a minimum GPA to be eligible. The administration and/or faculty will be empowered to make the appropriate decision. In the future, additional scholarships may be added as the fund continues to grow.
(3) Scholarship applications will be considered through the School District’s established scholarship process. Any unexpended funds will be kept in the Fund for future growth and will be added to the availability of future scholarship awards.
(4) Although it is our desire that the distributions provided for in paragraph (3) be made in accordance with the Foundation's distribution policy in order that the principal of the Fund may be preserved and maintained as an endowment, the board of directors of the Foundation may, if unusual circumstances exist that make it advisable to utilize principal, authorize distributions from the principal of the Fund for its purposes as provided above.
(5) It is our desire that each scholarship be awarded using the following schedule:
Year One: $1000
Year Two: $2000
Year Three: $3000
Year Four: $4000
Total Eligibility: $10,000
Recipients are required to be full time students and maintain a 3.0 grade point average (GPA). Gap years or skipped semesters will generally not be permitted. Failure to maintain GPA or any gaps in enrollment will lead to forfeiture of scholarship.
Application: (In Student Services, See Miss. Schlimgen)
Application Deadline: April 5, 2019