It became necessary to add additional classrooms, so land was purchased from Mrs. Eleanor Smith and Mr. Webb in 1894 for $10,000. The second unit was erected during the summer months which made Hadfield one of the finest ward school buildings in the state. Mr. J.K. Lowry was principal. By 1902 Mr. A.J. Smith was the principal along with six women teachers.
The first PTA was organized in 1916 with Charles Jacob serving as first president.